Spring has sprung and as we come out of hibernation along with the animals and spend more time outside, Nova Scotia RCMP has some reminders for everyone:
- Check that tools and valuables are securely stored when the yard work is all done.
- Always secure your home, vehicles, sheds and garages when no one is around.
- Consider updating exterior lighting around your home to discourage thieves.
- If you store your ladder under your deck, secure it so it’s not such an easy target .
- Sports equipment like kayaks and canoes should be locked up if at all possible.
If you identify any suspicious people or activities in your area, please contact your local RCMP by calling 1-800-803-7267 or Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also text TIP201 + your message to ‘Crimes’ (274637) or submit a tip by Secure Web Tips atwww.crimestoppers.ns.ca. Calls to Crime Stoppers are not tapped or traced and if police make an arrest and lay charges based on a tip, callers qualify for a cash award.
Source: Media Release