Members of the Halifax District RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit (SCEU) arrested a suspect for having a firearm in his vehicle.
On Thursday, March 12th at approximately 7 p.m.
, members of the SCEU stopped a vehicle on Beaver Bank Road driven by a 34-year-old Sackville man. During the preliminary investigation and a search of the vehicle, RCMP found a loaded sawed-off shotgun in the vehicle. The man was arrested and taken into police custody without incident. A search warrant was later executed at the man’s home where further evidence was found linking the man to several recent crimes in the Sackville area. He is being charged with the following offences:
* Two counts of Break & Enter
* Theft over $5,000
* Two counts of Breach of Recognizance
* Careless use of a Firearm
* Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to the Public Peace
* Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
* Breach of an Order Prohibiting the Possession of Ammunition
* Carrying a Concealed Weapon
* Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
* Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Vehicle
* Possession of a Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
He will be appearing in Dartmouth Provincial Court today.
If anyone has information regarding this incident, please contact police at 902-490-5080 or Crime Stoppers anonymously anytime at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or by their Secure Web Tips at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca . Calls to Crime Stoppers are not taped or traced and if police make an arrest and lay charges based on a tip, callers qualify for a cash award from $50 – $2000.