Friday, Nov. 7, 2014 (Halifax, NS) – The Halifax Regional Municipality is advising residents there will be a number of rolling street closures and traffic delays around the Halifax region on Tuesday, Nov. 11, as Remembrance Day parades make their way to ceremonies honouring our veterans and those still serving with the Canadian Armed Forces.
Parades will be marching to the following locations on Tuesday morning:
- The Armouries at Royal Artillery Park, corner of Sackville & Brunswick streets, Halifax, starting at 10:15 a.m.
- Cenotaph at Sackville Heritage Park, Memory Lane, Sackville, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Cenotaph at Grand Parade, Halifax, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion, Dieppe Branch #90, Rocky Lake Drive, Waverley, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Cenotaph at Sullivan’s Pond, Dartmouth, starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Cenotaph at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall, Sussex Street, Spryfield, starting at 10:45 a.m.
The groups will march back after the respective ceremonies wrap up, so there may be traffic delays as late as 12:30 p.m. in some areas. Police will be escorting the parades and directing traffic in the area, so motorists are advised to obey officers on the street.
To find a Remembrance Day ceremony to attend in your community, please visit www.halifax.ca.