Halifax District RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit (SCEU) charge two men with a number of Federal offences following a search at home in Middle Sackville on November 7th, 2014.
As part of their ongoing investigation into local drug activity, the Halifax District RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit (SCEU) with the assistance of the Halifax Regional Police Quick Response Unit (QRU) executed a search warrant at a home in Middle Sackville. Quantities of marijuana, cocaine, contraband tobacco, proceeds of crime and a prohibited weapon were seized.
A 19-year-old male from Middle Sackville and a 20-year-old male from Upper Sackville were arrested at the scene. Both have been released on conditions and are to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on January 7th, 2015 at 9:30 a.m. Both men are facing the following charges under the Criminal Code and Revenue Act:
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Marijuana;
– Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Cocaine;
– Possession of Illicit Tobacco;
– Possession of Tobacco – Taxes not Paid;
– Possession of Tobacco – Unmarked;
– Possession of a Prohibited Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose;
– Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon.