Halifax District RCMP has charged a man following flight from police in Lower Sackville.
On October 3, at approximately 10:50 p.m., a Halifax District RCMP officer observed a Cadillac driving at an excessive rate of speed on Sackville Dr. The officer attempted a traffic stop but the driver of the vehicle refused to stop and fled from police.
RCMP officers quickly located the vehicle, which had parked in a parking lot on Sackville Dr., and blocked it in. Officers then safely arrested a 25-year-old Enfield man who was the lone occupant of the Cadillac.
During a search of the vehicle and of the man, RCMP officers located and seized a loaded handgun, cash, cocaine, methamphetamines, drug paraphernalia, score sheets, knives and cell phones.
Colby James Bond, 25, has been charged with:
- Flight from Police;
- Dangerous Operation of a Conveyance;
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (three counts);
- Careless Use of a Firearm;
- Careless Storage of a Firearm;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle;
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
- Possession of Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized;
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition;
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by Commission of Offence;
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for Purpose of Trafficking (two counts).
Bond was held in custody and on October 4, he was released on conditions by the court. Bond is scheduled to return to Dartmouth Provincial Court on December 11, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.