The last order from Sephora VIB sale arrived a day before I left for vacation, so I only had time to take pics without being able to test things out much. Hope everyone had a great weekend shopping.
A few single items first:
– Mix N’ Mingle mini of the Matte Creme lip crayon in Aubergine (reg. $15, 0.031oz vs 0.05oz full size )
The colour showed a bit darker online than IRL, I might exchange it for something darker – NARS Audacious lipstick in Anita (reg. $37)
I surprised myself with not ordering more than one shade, but I am happy with it
– OCC lip tar in Technopagan (reg. $22)
No idea how I’m gonna wear this, but I thought it was so cool and couldn’t get it out of my head
– NARS All Day Luminous powder foundation in Stromboli (reg. $55) and Radiant Creamy concealer in Ginger (reg. $35)
– Stila Illuminating powder foundation in 50 “|”Watts (reg. $37)
Last minute temptations when I suddenly wanted to try some powder foundations.
I couldn’t (didn’t even try to) resist Bite Beauty Mix N’ Mingle set, reg. $118. I am happy with the mix of products in the set this year:
– Luminous Creme lipstick duos in Tangerine/ Lingonberry, Poppy/ Scarlet, Fig/ Date, Palomino/ Violet and Tannin/ Riesling (0.05oz each)
– Matte Creme lip crayons in Gavi, Glace and Maraschino (0.05oz, full size)
– Lush Fruit lip glosses in Honey and Guava (0.05oz, half size).
There are a few repeats from the Collector’s Edition Lip Layers set last year ($110), marked with *: Lavender/ Violet*, Salut/ Apricot, Pomegranate/ Lilac, Fig*/ Vidal, Shiraz/ Mulberry, Granache/ Cava, Pepper/ Quinta*, Cin Cin/ Tannin, Retsina/ Quince, Palomino*/ Vento.
Sephora Give Me More Lip set (reg. $70) this year included many things I wanted to try. I’m listing the shades, more for my future reference 🙂
The pinks (top – bottom):
– Benefit Hydrating Tinted lip balm in Posie (0.01oz vs 0.1oz)
– Tarte LipSurgence power pigment in Flush (0.04oz, full size)
– Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear lipstick in Fuchsia (0.16oz vs 0.4oz)
– Bite Beauty Luminous Creme lipstick in Palomino (0.07oz, half size).
The reds (L – R):
– Hourglass Opaque Rouge liquid lipstick in Icon (0.03oz vs 0.1oz)
– Laura Mercier Creme Smooth lip colour in Red Armour (0.07oz, half size)- Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion lip stain in 10 Red Essence (0.068oz vs 0.152oz)
– Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick in Outlaw (0.10oz, half size).
The vampies (L – R):
– Tarte LipSurgence lip tint in Moody (0.06oz vs 0.1oz)
– Buxom mini Full Bodied lipstick in Menace (0.04oz vs 0.13oz)
– OCC lip tar in Black Dahlia (test tube size 0.08oz vs 0.33oz)
– Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted lip treatment (0.08oz, half size).
The neutrals (L – R then top – bottom):
– Stila Stay All Day Vinyl lip gloss in Nude Vinyl (0.04oz vs 0.14oz)
– MUFE Aqua Lip waterproof lip pencil in 3C (0.018oz vs 0.04oz)
– Laura Mercier lip glace in Blush (0.09oz vs 0.15oz)
– Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Speak Your Mind (0.05oz vs 0.12oz full size), and
– Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched lip cream in Naked Dolly (0.05oz, half size).
For brushes, I got Sephora Dual Action brush set (reg. $82, on clearance for $39) with dual fiber Finishing crease, Finishing concealer, Finishing powder, Finishing contour, Contour, Shadow, Precision sweep and mini mascara brush.
The brush combination in the set was nice, and I liked the clearance much better. I seemed to collect Sephora brushes that way a lot.
Also heard a few good things about Sephora Solid brush cleaner (reg. $17) as a possible alternative to the Beauty Blender solid cleanser.
I actually was doing just fine with a brush cleaner jar from Michaels (and Dr. Bronner’s liquid soap) but of course curiosity stroke during the sale 🙂 Still think $17 is overpriced, so we’ll see. Did any of you try it and what did you think of it?
I didn’t get any big nail polish sets, just a few Formula X shades on clearance for $7 a piece.
What’s new this year, for me, was getting some hair stuff. The Drybar Hold Me hair clips (4’s, reg. $16) was an impulsive purchase and might be returned, since I found some cheaper alternatives at Sally.
The Agave Healing Vapor iron (reg. $178) was a big investment. I am not good with hair tools at all but hope this item would help with my thinning hair.
Are you happy with your Sephora purchases? Anything stood out that I need to know about? 🙂