Another classic comfort food. And, one of my favourite dishes to make because there are always leftovers for lunches!
A lovely savoury base.
With a fluffy potato topping. What could be better?
- 8 cups potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup blend cream
- 2 tbsp butter, separated
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups corn
- 1 1/2oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large pot mix the mashed potatoes with blend cream and 1 tbsp butter. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt remaining tbsp of butter. Add chopped onions and let cook.
- Add beef, broth & worcestershire sauce to frying pan. Cook well.
- Sitr in corn. (I always used up some mixed veggies that were in the fridge)
- Transfer beef & corn mixture to large casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes. Use a spoon to ensure potatoes completely cover beef layer.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and whatever seasonings you feel like.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I like mine topped with a drizzle of Heinz. Cuz, you know, there is no other kindz. 😛
I want to thank you guys for all your kind comments from last night. It’s so nice knowing there are others out there who understand what I’m going through and to see that I’m not alone.
Today was a lot better then yesterday. I managed to get a little gym schedule calendar printed out and pulled the Intuitive Eating book off my shelf. No gymbo tonight but hubby and I are headed out for a stroll, its such a beautiful Fall evening out there!