As a result of investigation today by the HRP/RCMP Integrated General Investigative Section, Kenneth Sykes has been charged with seven additional robberies.
In addition to the Running Room robbery, Sykes has also been charged with robberies at:
– Jungle Pets, 50 Tacoma Drive, Dartmouth, November 14 (2011)
– Pets Unlimited, 202 Brownlow Ave, Dartmouth, November 17
– Alia N Tanjay, 90 Hector Gate, Dartmouth, November 19
– Ultramar, 219 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth, November 19
– Bouclair Home, 194 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax, November 23
– NSLC, 6990 Mumford Road, Halifax, November 23
– TD Bank, 6239 Quinpool Road, Halifax, February 16 (2012)
A firearm was allegedly used in each incident.
Sykes is scheduled to be arraigned in Provincial Court Monday on over 90 charges, all stemming from the noted incidents. Most of the additional charges on top of robbery relate to firearms used in the commission of the offences and breaches of court orders.