The Halifax Regional Municipality is advising residents that the Spring Garden Road Bus-only Pilot will be paused on Friday, July 8 until further notice.
The municipality intends to re-evaluate the current traffic control measures to recommend alternative methods to communicate and enforce the pilot initiative.
Effective immediately, the following changes will be in effect:
- Spring Garden Road, from Queen to South Park streets, will be return to normal traffic operations;
- Vehicle access will be maintained on Spring Garden southbound on Birmingham Street, northbound on Dresden Row and northbound on Brenton Street;
- Clyde Street will remain two-way between South Park Street and Queen Street;
- Stopping is not permitted along Spring Garden, from Queen to South Park streets, outside of the one designated loading area; and,
- Cyclists and pedestrians will continue to have access at all times.
Regional Council approved this project in December 2021, as part of the Imagine Spring Garden Road streetscaping project.
For further information on the Imagine Spring Garden Road streetscaping project, visit the project web page.