Monday, May 7, 2012 – HRM’s popular weekly summer concert series is looking for musicians. Tunes at Noon features Nova Scotian performers from a wide range of musical genres for a free, summer lunchtime concert series.
Concerts will take place Thursdays and Fridays from noon until 1 p.m. at Grand Parade in Halifax. The series will run from July 19 to Sept. 7. A full schedule and list of performers will be announced at a later date.
Tunes at Noon is supported by Councillor Dawn Sloane, the Downtown Halifax Business Commission, the Centre for Arts and Technology and Halifax Regional Municipality, in association with Music Nova Scotia, and with generous support from The Coast and The Midtown Tavern & Grill.
This call for submissions is open to all genres of music. Performances will be acoustic in nature with no backline provided. Tunes at Noon will provide:
● PA + sound equipment (set up and tear down): 8 Channel Mixer, 2 main speakers, 2 monitors, 4 mics, 4 stands, 4 DI’s and cables
● Flat rate of $200 per act
● Marketing and promotion
● An opportunity to perform a midday concert in historic Grand Parade
To submit to this opportunity, performers must send the following to Colleen Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● A short bio
● Artist website (can consist of reverbnation, bandcamp, sonicbids, official artist website, etc.) Any website is acceptable, but it must house music that can be easily found and played for the jury.
● Dates not available to perform
● Contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address)
● Name to make cheque payable to
Deadline for submissions is Monday, June 4, 2012, by 12 p.m.