Police have charged two men with numerous firearms offences after a search warrant was executed at a North Preston home yesterday.
Members of the General Investigation Section (GIS), the RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT), Cole Harbour RCMP, RCMP Police Dog Service (PDS), RCMP Forensic Identification Section (FIS), and National Weapons Enforcement Support Team (NWEST) were involved in the execution of the warrant, which was conducted out without incident.
Three long guns were seized, one of which was a restricted weapon.
Leonard Thomas Evans, 38, of Lower Sackville and Leonard Fraser Fraser, 62, of North Preston have been charged with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Contravening Storage Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized priest
- Possession of a Prohibited Device Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Tampering with a Serial Number