12:45 pm - Saturday, April 21 2018
Home / Archives / News (Archives) / Two Years Later, Halifax Man Released With All Charges Dropped In Spryfield Home Invasion Case

This content is from our archive. It may be outdated, inaccurate or missing media.

 

Two Years Later, Halifax Man Released With All Charges Dropped In Spryfield Home Invasion Case

A man that was jailed and charged with forcible confinement, robbery and assault with a firearm was released when witnesses recanted their stories after a private investigator tracked them down for questioning.

CBC.ca has the story:

“Two of the three provided statements “recanting a substantial amount of information they had previously provided to the police and to the Crown and to the court,” Arnold told reporters.

Prosecutor Christine Driscoll told CBC News she has a duty to withdraw charges when there is no chance of a conviction.”

Read the full article on CBC.ca here.

 

About Haligonia.ca

See news happening near you? Tell us. Click here to email our team.

 

The views and opinions expressed in this content are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of haligonia.ca.

You might also like...

1489974990432

PSA – Recreation programs may be delayed/cancelled on Monday morning due to inclement weather

The Halifax Regional Municipality is advis­ing residents that the majority of munic­ipally-operated recr­eation facilities, including...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *