UPDATE: Police Investigate break and enter with firearm in Dartmouth
Police have charged two men in relation to a break and enter with a firearm that occurred last night in Dartmouth.
At 5 p.m., police responded to a report of a break and enter in progress into a residence in the 200 block of Prince Arthur Road. A witness caught two suspects at the residence, one armed with a handgun.
The witness was able to disarm the suspect as both were attempting to flee the scene in a pickup truck. No one was injured during this incident.
Two men were later arrested on Roleika Drive in Dartmouth without incident
Police have charged 41-year-old Jason Brown and 23-year-old Riley Crosby, both of Dartmouth, with one count each of the following offences:
- Sec. 348(1)(a) – Break and Enter with intent
- Sec. 267(a) – Assault with a weapon
- Sec. 90 – Carrying a concealed weapon
- Sec. 86(1) – Careless Use of a firearm
- Sec. 85(2)(a) – Using an imitation firearm in the commission of an offence
- Sec. 88(1) – Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
Brown and Crosby were held overnight in police custody and are scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial court today.
Source : Media Release