1. Lanyards have been used on board ship for a variety of purposes, from carrying bosun’s whistles to keeping rigger’s knives properly stowed. This month, join heritage interpreter Jason Climie at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in making your own lanyard.
2. It’s the Halifax Tea Festival! With over 20 vendors including local tea shops, cafes, local food, artisans and workshops, speakers and performances , the first annual Halifax Tea Festival is shaping up to be a fun event for the whole family!
3. Celebrate International Table Top Day by playing tons of the libraries many board games!
4. Join in for an afternoon of artmaking inspired by the exhibition, Eleanor King: Dark Utopian at this months Family Sunday! Experiment with hard-edge painting, repeated shapes, and more!
5. Watch Bill Oakey throughout the morning in Paul O’Regan Hall where he will set up about 7000 dominos in a big display. Plan to be there at 12:30 p.m. for the big topple, then come play with dominos from 2-4 in the children’s department!