1. What do hundreds of mind blowing shows on the waterfront mean? The Halifax International Busker Festival is in town! The oldest and largest of its kind in Canada.
The Festival Team is excited to offer electrifying international performers from all over the world! Come and watch them perform a wide variety of street theater, acrobatics, music, visual arts, fire displays and comedy. There is also a little carnival down on the boardwalk, take a ride on the Ferris wheel and get a whole new perspective on the city!
2. “Say what? You are doing what? Running on the bottom of the Bay of Fundy while the tide is out? You gotta be kidding!” Nope, no joke, Not Since Moses is a run for the ages, all ages, including competitive runners and fast nervous walkers. There’s even a Basket Run for the kids that offers courses of 100 and 500 meters along the shore, in sight of parents and cheering spectators!
3. Head to Lunenburg on Sunday for the Folk Art Festival! There will be over 50 participating artists, music , prizes and a great country atmosphere!
4. Happy Birthday Halifax!!! It’s our city’s birthday weekend so there are all kinds of exciting events planned like family activities, live concerts, road races, talent showcase, one of the oldest parades in Atlantic Canada and a spectacular fireworks show launched from a barge in the middle of Halifax Harbour!!! Wow, what a party!
5. Head to Pier 21 and learn about the history and tradition of henna—the temporary body art that has been used in many cultures for over 5000 years! You’ll even get your very own henna tattoo!
6. Halifax will see the second sanctioned Harbour swim since 1969 on Sunday for the Brigaswim to help send chronically ill children to camp at Brigadoon Village. The swim leaves from the Maritime Museum pier on Sunday and there are 3 courses a 1k, 3k, and the 5k that goes all the way around George’s Island!