1. Did you know that Caribou and Reindeer get their energy from eating lichen and moss?! Head to the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park this weekend or next to learn more about Santa’s hardest working helpers. There will be information and activities about reindeer and lichens, hot chocolate and even a visit from Santa himself at 2:30pm! If you can’t make it out then Nova Scotia webcams makes it possible to watch from home, they are hosting a Reindeer Cam again that will go live on Saturday with Santa stopping in twice each day to feed and check up on his herd (9:00am & 3:00pm)!
2. The Halifax Central Library is celebrating its 1-year anniversary and you’re invited to the party! Come enjoy cake and warm cider, live holiday music and more! Let’s celebrate having this awesome resource in our city!
3. Get in the holiday spirit with a free screening of A Christmas Story at the Oxford Theatre! Admission is a food or cash donation to feed Nova Scotia.
4. If you haven’t had a chance to see Santa yet head to Quinpool Road on Saturday. He’ll be walking the street in the afternoon!
5. The Children’s Shopping Event at St. Andrew’s Church is a perfect way for your kids to do their own Christmas shopping and enjoy a fun morning. All the items are new and nothing is priced higher than $5.
6. It’s the highly anticipated Gingerbread Sunday at the Art Gallery! Start the holiday season off in a deliciously creative way by making a gingerbread house with milk cartons, graham crackers and LOTS of candy!