1. The Live Nativity Pageant is on this weekend in Cole Harbour. It’s a wonderful way to experience the true meaning of Christmas and is a great community event that you won’t want to miss.
2. Celebrate the Winter Solstice with the Shortest Day – a three day celebration of short film designed for kids and families. Enjoy free screenings throughout the weekend by some of Canada’s most talented film-makers.
3. The Oval is open! Grab your skates and head on down! Also, MP Meghan Leslie is hosting a Community Skating Party on Saturday and you’re invited! It’s a free event for all ages and all levels so bring your skates and come join in the festivities.
4. Hey Lego lovers, have you seen the amazing Lego display at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic yet? It features replicas of famous spots along the Halifax waterfront. There’s also a lego competition you can enter.
5. Need a break from the holiday hustle and bustle? Cineplex has the answer with their Family Favourites movie. Bring the whole family to see Fred Claus staring Vince Vaughn. You’ll be so glad you did, and so will the kids.