1. It’s the Great Backyard Bird Count! Launched in 1998 by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and National Audubon Society, the Great Backyard Bird Count was the first online citizen-science project to collect data on wild birds and to display results in near real-time.
Take 15 minutes with your kids in the backyard and get counting!
2. It’s the Artsy Fartsy art studio grand opening on Saturday. They offer visual arts classes for children!
3. Be sure to make a stop at the Halifax Shopping Centre between Feb 12-15th in Centre Court to check out the amazing structures built entirely out of cans for CANSTRUCTION for Feed NS!! You have to see it to believe it and with a financial donation you can get entered to win a $250 gift card for the mall.
4. This weekend at Ross Farm the interpreters will be demonstrating the traditional art of snowshoe making. They have snowshoes available for you to experience snowshoeing first hand. Come check it out!
5. Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo is back with their newest exhibit ‘Swamp Thang – Creatures of the Swamp’. Get face to face with some of the most feared swamp dwelling creatures including a giant green anaconda, Lady-Chomps-A-Lot the alligator, tarantulas, Norwegian Rats, and more including RING TAILED LEMURS. This brand new exhibit features 30 live animal exhibits, boat loads of interactive staff with animals out throughout the day, and formal live animal educational programs. Shows alternate back to back 15 minutes apart.