1. Hey boating fans… forget about the icy waters of winter and start prepping for summer at the Halifax International Boat Show! You’ll be able to see, touch and even climb aboard tons of boats of all shapes and sizes. Not to mention lots of great demonstrations, a photo contest and a visit with Raina the Mermaid.
2. Calling all High School Students – Come see what it’s like to be a Computer Science/Informatics student at Dalhousie! You’ll hear from Professors, students and alumni at this free event that includes a campus tour, free lunch and some great prizes.
3. It’s time for another Family Sunday at the Art Gallery. Come for a visit in the gallery then head to the studio for felting, weaving, and an overall warm & fuzzy afternoon of fun art, laughter and play!
4. In celebration of African Heritage Month you’re invited to Pier 21 to try your hand at African Drumming! Come learn proper techniques and traditional African rhythms from Chris Kennedy, a drummer with over 20 years in African drumming experience.
5. February is Psychology Month and as part of the celebration your family is invited to a free screening of the Disney Pixar movie Inside Out. As part of the event, parents will be able to hear from a panel of local child development and mental health experts and kids can take part in some art activities.
You might also like...
We’ve got a spring symphony, babies, music and babies (we’ve got a special on babies!), and an outdoor adventures for tots. Really, this...