1. It’s Toad and Frog Day! How can you tell the difference between toads and frogs? You can ask at the Shubenacadie Wildlife Centre and hunt for some in their habitat.
Learn about their life cycles up close. View the toads and frogs on display at the wetland centre. Come explore their pseudo pond and make a craft!
2. Head to Truro on Saturday for the Giant Picnic Runganza, another exciting race in the Youth Running Series! Victoria Park has trails, waterfalls, Jacob’s Ladder, playgrounds, splashpads, pool, tennis courts, and more. Come to race but stay to play!
3. If you’re up for a road trip, head down the south shore to Ross Farm for a straw hat braiding demonstration at Rosebank cottage!
4. Head to the Central library to see Despicable Me, see the movie that started the Minions craze!
5. It’s the wrap up to PRIDE week with the big fun parade on Saturday! Then on Sunday there’s a family picnic at Sullivan’s Pond in Dartmouth.
6. On Sunday go to the Public Gardens for their annual Summer Concert Series. This weekend is The Paul Mason Group!