1. Happy Canada Day! There are lots of great activities and events on the go for Tuesday so be sure to check the event calendar for the full list.
You can start with a pancake breakfast, ride the ferry for free, check out the parade, a free concert in Dartmouth or Halifax, witness new Canadians being sworn in and cap it all off with a top-notch fireworks show!
2. HMCS Halifax will be docked downtown outside of The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and open for tours from 12pm until 4pm all weekend as well as Canada Day. Admission is free and the ship’s company encourages everyone to come out and get immersed in the culture of the Royal Canadian Navy!
3. Bedford Days and Sackville Patriot Days give lots more options of loads of fun events throughout the weekend. There’s a kids triathalon on Saturday, a family hike in Sackville, bouny castles, shows and more!
4. On Saturday, from 12-4pm, come celebrate the Grand Opening of The Village Shops’ brand new Go Wild! Playground, located next to Sushi Nami Royale and Pondside Amphitheatre in The Village Shops! Bring the entire family and enjoy FREE treats (while quantities last), FREE face painting, loads of fun at the Playground and more!
5. This Sunday, Right Some Good – North America’s original pop-up food festival, will be taking to the streets in Halifax. Get excited – the foodie adventure has joined up with Spring Garden Area Business Association and together we will be staging the largest culinary show to ever hit the street. This is your chance to join the crowd on Spring Garden as we celebrate all that is local! Treat yourself to street food that will have you in awe and watch the intensity as master chefs compete live in the Garland Canada Master Chef Face Off, then stroll down a little further and take in the marketplace, or end up at the music stage. The event runs from 9:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. and has something for the entire family. Admission is free to watch the cooking competitions and music. Tickets for food will be sold on-site the day of the event only.