1. The first tall ship of the season has arrived, the Cuauhtémoc from Mexico. She is a sail training vessel and will be in port all weekend. It’s open for free public desk tours, check the schedule for times.
2. On Saturday you and your babes are invited to celebrate the latest book in the popular Baby Steps series at Nurtured! Every new parent will want “Let’s Read!” on their baby’s bookshelf. Come down with your little bookworm and stay for story-time, refreshments and to meet the authors too!
3. Join Bib ‘N Tucker in celebrating 40 years on Sunday with a fun-filled carnival day at the Sunnyside Mall! Say hello to furry friends from the Hatfield Farm petting zoo or try your luck at one of their carnival games!
4. Head to the BMO soccer centre this weekend for Outgrow! Outplay!, one of the biggest consignments sales in Halifax. Lots of great kids clothes, toys, gear and great deals!
5. It’s the Princess and Superhero tea party! An afternoon at the convention centre that includes a Princess Tea Party with stage show, Superhero Party with stage show, live entertainment, “Frozen” themed Dance Party, Princess Parlour, food vendors, silent auction and fun, fun, fun!
6. Come to the central library this weekend and learn to sew! Kids will learn to sew by hand, repair, and customize their clothes. They can bring in an old item of clothing and learn how to sew on buttons and personal patches. Grown-ups are welcome to register with a child so you can get crafty together!