1. Get ready, get set, go go go! It’s Bluenose marathon weekend! Head out and run in the Doctors Nova Scotia Youth run with your kids or get out and cheer on all the runners. The energy is awesome!
2. To celebrate the launch of If I Were A Zombie, there’s going to be a monster launch party for all ages! Come to the Central library in your own costume or dig in their tickle trunks. There will be face makeup, snacks and prizes! Come meet the author, run around and growl, and get your copy signed!
3. Eggs get Cracking this weekend at Shubenacadie Wildlife Park! Join them to see who has hatched! Learn about nesting, hatching, and brooding in the wild, while meeting the new arrivals!
4. Come one, come all! The Circus of STEAM is opening this weekend at the Discovery Centre as the greatest science show in town! It’s a big top celebration of all things STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math – featuring the Discovery Centre’s very own Ringmaster. Join in the fun with special guests including Little Ray’s Reptiles, juggling workshops and balloon animals.
5. It’s Wooly Weekend at Ross Farm! The sheep at Ross Farm Museum have had their lambs and are ready for their annual shearing. There will be demonstrations in sheep shearing, washing & spinning wool!
6. It’s Merlin the Macaw’s Hatch Day on Saturday at the Maritime Museum! His party will begin with a scavenger hunt, followed by arts and crafts. Merlin will receive also receive special birthday spray bath and gifts in the afternoon!