1. It’s time to Giv’er this weekend at the annual Blue Nose Marathon! The Doctor’s of Nova Scotia Youth Run is one of the largest youth running events in Canada and remains a flagship family activity like no other.
We’ll see you at the starting line!
2. Get ready Halifax — the city will soon be taken over with screaming kids as they welcome their favourite TV celebrities at the Tween Stars Live event on Sunday! Come meet stars from I Didn’t Do It, Jessie, iCarly and more. It’s going to be a fun filled memory-making event that your kids won’t want to miss!
3. Head to Ross Farm this weekend for Wooly Weekend! There will be demonstrations in sheep shearing, spinning & dying wool. Learn about the importance of sheep to early settlers and about the work involved to produce yarn and how woolen yarn was used to make material for the clothing necessary for the cold winter days.
4. Our favourite feathered friend Merlin Macaw is a turning 13 and you’re invited to the celebration at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Join them for a scavenger hunt, crafts, cake and more!
5. Bring your family out for a free family yoga class at the Central Library on Spring Garden Road with Breathing Space yoga teachers… you’ll have fun while getting your exercise. The perfect way to try yoga out, or limber up after running in the Bluenose!
6. This is the last weekend to check out the Sherlock Holmes exhibit at the Discovery Centre. A terrible crime has been committed and you have to collect the clues to try and solve it!