1. With Halloween over get ready for CHRISTMAS AT THE FORUM! This show has developed a well-earned reputation for presenting the largest, most diverse selection of quality crafts and art in the region, for creating a joyous, festive atmosphere conducive to selling, and for continuing to bring ever-larger crowds of enthusiastic buyers to the show each year.
There are a number of vendors selling homemade toys and gifts for kids.
2. The second annual Harvest Hootenanny and Pumpkin Smash will take place at the Common Roots Urban Farm (Robie and Bell Rd) on Sat from 2-7 pm. Bring them your nasty old pumpkins so they can compost them to grow more great food next year. First they’ll smash them and turn the front hill into a pumpkin slip-n-slide! Come enjoy free food from the Mindful Mango, live music, and activities like ‘seed dating’ and garlic planting.”
3. Let’s go, LEGO®! Calling all LEGO® lovers! Head to the Discovery Centre this weekend for a fun-filled LEGO®-themed weekend. Check out new interactive pieces in the Lindsay Building Centre including the brand new Knock Box: a fun new “instruction generator” (you have to see it to believe it!) and a LEGO® picture app for you to view yourself in a whole new light! The weekend will also include a public build of a Space Shuttle, building demonstrations, robotics workshops and building competitions. Saint Mary’s University will be onsite on Saturday to showcase the various creations you can make with LEGO. All you need to bring is your imagination; we’ll provide the bricks for anything you’d like to create!
4. Hal-Con is a sci-fi and fantasy group and is organizing a Halloween Parade on Saturday that starts at Victoria Park at 11 am. Their convention is Nov. 8-10. Sure to be a feast for the eyes for all superhero loving kids!
5. It’s the Tots toTeens Expo and Minion will be there! This is the Ultimate Event For Pregnancy and Birth, all the way to the teenager years!! This truly unique experience allows parents, grandparents, caregivers and most importantly, KIDS to meet with a showcase of businesses, organizations, and service providers who cater to the whole family all under one roof. Meet with companies who will be presenting the latest in technology, apparel, furniture, products and toys. Child minding, Mom’s Rest Zone, Dad’s Cave, Interactive workshops and seminars, from today’s leading authorities will be available to provide you with valuable insights and presentations on raising a family. At Exhibition Park all weekend.