1. The leaves are changing and fall is in the air! Head to Wentworth mountain for the Fall Festival of Colours and ride the chairlift to the top! It’s the ultimate way to enjoy spectacular views of Wentworth Valley.
There will be a BBQ, guided hikes, a petting zoo and fireworks from the Bunny Hill!
2. Learn about the legend of the Dreamcatcher, and have fun making one to take home! Woodlawn Public Library on Saturday at 2:30pm.
3. The Premier Women’s and Men’s soccer teams from across the country are here in Halifax to compete in the Canadian Senior Soccer Championships for the National title. The top amateur soccer teams from each province and the Northwest Territories will compete for the Jubilee Trophy in the Women’s Competition and the Challenge Cup for the Men’s Competition. Come out and watch the competition at Mainland Common field all weekend!
4. Fall is in the air and the fun is at the Fair! The Maritime Fall Fair returns to Exhibition Park this long weekend, October 10th to 14th. Five jam-packed days of indoor family fun including horse and beef competitions, a petting zoo, Little Moe’s dog show, the Kids Zone and the midway fair! Have some fun with the Razzmatazz for Kids show or ride the new Water Walker at the midway!
5. Experience Thanksgiving like a settler at Ross Farm on Monday. Enjoy demonstrations of traditional skills and at 2pm take part in a fun afternoon auction. A full family Thanksgiving day affair.