1. It’s time to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the naming of the Gottingen area! September 11th-14th Gottingen will be alive with music, art and heritage events. The main event will begin Saturday with an outdoor stage will be erected at 2183 Gottingen (oriented towards Maitland Street) and Maitland Street will be closed for the whole day.
Music from a number of cultures and groups will fill the air, and an open air market featuring hot and cold food vendors, crafters, food trucks, and local entrepreneurs will be established. As well, the grassy area of St. Patrick’s Alexandria will be used for programming oriented for children and families. Sunday, September 14th will feature an outdoor multi-denominational service, followed by a pig roast and community barbecue!
2. The businesses of Nine Mile Circle (620 Nine Mile Drive, off Larry Uteck) invite you to join them for a Party in the Circle on Sunday from 11am-3pm. Bring the whole family out for a FREE fun-filled day of face painting, giveaways, BBQ, bouncy castles, music and so much more! There will also be some HRM Firefighters on site with a truck!
3. The Nova Scotia SPCA Provincial Animal Shelter is hosting its annual Bark in the Park on Saturday, September 13th, 2014 at 11am-3 pm in Shubie Park, Dartmouth. Anyone interested in participating can join in the excitement by collecting donations. This signature fundraiser, which attracted over 750 participants in 2013, will bring together animal lovers and their canine companions for a fun-filled day of food, information and entertainment.
4. Make the relatively short drive out of the city to Windsor, NS to experience the Ex! First established in 1765, the Hants County Exhibition is the oldest continuously run agricultural fair in North America. There’s always so much do to at the Ex and it’s fun for the whole family so be sure to check it out. Buildings open at 10am and Midway opens at Noon!
5. On Saturday from 1-2pm, join in at Breathing Space Yoga on Coburg Road in Halifax for a Free Kids Yoga Class. Explore the FUN side of yoga with Halifax Breathing Space Yoga and Wellness Centre. Their children’s classes encourage an active lifestyle by introducing basic yoga postures to little ones. Great introduction to Breathing Space well known yoga programs. For ages 4-12.
6. Wolfville is the place to be on Sunday! Come support local Mompreneurs, With the ECMC pop-up Fall Fair! From painters to sewers, bakers to jewelers and beyond! Devour delicious pumpkin spice cupcakes while shopping for home decors, clothing, accessories, print art, children’s toys and so much more! Over 30 talented, jury-selected vendors will delight and inspire all our welcomed guests of all ages. Enjoy the live music, connect with your community, and revel in this awesome collaboration of local East Coast Mommas!