Sunday morning breakfasts are always so enjoyable; lots of time to savour coffee and prepare a tasty meal. Blogland has had some delicious looking french toast lately. After perusing our cupboards, I realized that we had all the ingredients for a batch! Sorry the sun was really intense this morning and a lot of my pictures are really light.
I tried to healthify mine up a bit. I used 4 slices of whole wheat toast, 1c UVAB, cinnamon & 2 eggs. (I could’ve just used egg whites but to be honest I didn’t really care that much.) Fried in a non-stick pan with a bit of becel.
It was such a beautiful day (again!) that I wanted to get and run. So I did. One very hilly 4K in 30 mins.
While I was running I started to think about all the casual observations that I’ve made over the past few months.
- I’ve seen countless people driving and chatting away like it wasn’t a big deal.
- Same goes for people smoking with kids in the car. Umm, both of those are ILLEGAL people.
- Older people always slow down and move over when they see me running; people my age – not so much.
- Our ditches are filled with garbage. It’s disgusting.
- City drivers are more courteous to pedestrians than country drivers.
After the run there may have been one more cup of coffee and a very tasty Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookie. OMG! Kashi, please start selling these in Canada soon.
I totally used lunch as an excuse to crack open the bottle of Williams Sonoma Balsamic Vinegar. 😉 Combined with evoo and maple syrup for a simple salad dressing. Ahhh.ma.ZING!
Topped with a few reduced fat chicken fingers. 😉
We spent a good part of the afternoon discussing home renovations, our trip and then headed off to explore the Atlantic View Trail – Full recap of our hike tomorrow.