Shelagh’s Curried Lentil, Leek and Quinoa Soup
2 Leeks diced finely
1 Carrot chopped
2 stalks of Celery chopped
5 cloves of Garlic through a press or minced
1 grated Parsnip
1 cup of Red Lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup of Quinoa, rinsed well
2 Tbsp Curry powder
2 liters of stock ( I used two boxes) aprox. 9 cups
( orange and/or lemon zest for garnish)
1. In a heavy pot, I sweated the leeks, carrot, and celery with a teeny bit of water until a bit softened, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic, parsnip and curry powder, stir.
3. Add red lentils, quinoa and stock.
4. Simmer until everything is cooked and soft. About 30 minutes. Add more water if getting too thick.
5. Salt and pepper to taste and some orange zest to serve.
This was really good and packed with protein. You could add some ginger if you wanted and any other random veggies you might have floating around. Perfect for a grey day like today!