Halifax Regional Police has charged four people with drug trafficking in relation to a search conducted in Dartmouth yesterday.
At approximately 2:15 p.m. members of the Drugs and Guns Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division conducted a search of a business on Highfield Park Drive in Dartmouth in relation to an ongoing investigation. Cannabis was illegally being sold from that location. Four people were arrested without incident.
Investigators seized over 50 lbs. of cannabis, 300 grams of cannabis resin, 400 edibles and $3,000 in cash.
Thomas Kenneth Durfee, 39, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court today, and a 21-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and a 53-year-old woman will appear at a later date to face the following charges:
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing
- Possession, producing, selling, distributing or importing anything with intention to use it to produce, sell, or distribute illicit cannabis
- Laundering proceeds of crime
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Promoting cannabis or a cannabis accessory or service related to cannabis
- Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
Anyone with information about illegal drugs should contact police at 902-490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.