Last night, I did indeed have some vino & cheese pizza as tweeted… and then proceeded to fall asleep by 8pm. 😉 By 5am this morning, I was wide awake – partially because of the early night but also because I’m a little nervous about today. (Big work related event that I’ve been planning for months happening this afternoon.) So, I caught up on blogs, banking etc. But, when you’re the only person online it’s sorta boring. So, what’s a gal to do this early but bake?
Pre-heated the oven and assembled the ingredients.
I did have most of the ingredients on hand. Here’s what I used:
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil becel, melted (original recipe calls for 1/3c canola oil)
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 3 packets of Chai Tea
The directions are SUPER easy!
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
3. Add the melted becel, kneading into the drying ingredients.
4. Slowing add milk in three parts. Keep kneading .
5. Open up tea bags and pour over mixture. Fold into dough.
6. Divide dough into two parts. Form into circles (approx. 1/2’” thick) and place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Cut each circle into 6 triangles. I lightly dusted the tops with sugar.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on oven. Mine needed the full 15. Let cool.
I had to use a butter knife to separate them.
The house smelled absolutely FANTASTIC! I couldn’t wait to dig in! 😉 Quickly got a pot of french roast on…
And prepared breakfast.
Mmm mmm! So good! The perfect amount of sweet. Plus these guys are fairly healthy – made with whole wheat flour, flax seed and not to much sugar, fat etc.
Wonderful recipe from Savvy Eats!
I’m off to tidy the house, get a few last minute errands done and then spend the rest of the day/evening at the work function. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, back tomorrow! xoxo