This is a (blog birthday) look I did using Stila Countless Color pigments in Acoustic and Finale on my eyes and cheeks.
Did I look as cheerful as I felt toward these little beauties lol?
Breakdown of the eye makeup:
– Base: CoverGirl Flamed Out eyeshadow pencil in Red Hot Flame
This shade is a perfect base for Acoustic. It is more pigmented on the lids than other CoverGirl Flamed Out pencils I tried, loved it! However, it stained my lids slightly pink after removal
– Eyeshadows: from Finale – the light peach in the inner corner and the reddish pink in the outer corner; from Acoustic – the mahogany in the crease and the beige on the brow bone
I used a blending brush with the darker colours and my fingers for the lighter colours. Worked pretty well
– Eyeliner: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Licoriche, topped with the mahogany from Acoustic, and Gosh Velvet Touch eyeliner in Banana near the tear duct
– Mascara: Lancome Definicils HD mascara in Black.
For blush, I swiped the brush across Acoustic only ONCE for each cheek. As mentioned in my review, these pigments are insanely pigmented when used as blushes, so start with a light hand. If you are after a sheer look, one swipe is enough for both cheeks.
Other face products:
– Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL cream SPF60
– Serum: Hydraluron moisture booster
– Moisturizer: Yves Rocher Anti-age Global day cream
– Primer: Annabelle CC Instant Perfecting base in Luminous finish
– Foundation: Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation in Fresh Beige
– Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch highlight concealer in Buff
– Powder: CoverFx Setting Fx translucent mineral powder
– Brows: Avon Ultra Luxury liner in Dark Brown.
On the lips:
– Lip liner: Annabelle waterproof lip liner in Carnation
Rediscovered a love here. Carnation is a great liner to neutralize my pigmented lips, helping the lipstick show up closer to its true colour
– Lipstick: Milani Color Statement lipstick in Nude Creme
One of the best “nude” shades on me. I can’t do pale nudes as they wash me out, but this pink toned nude, I can do.
I’m on a roll in finding new makeup to try and fill my blogging schedule way into August. I never thought I could do a “makeup no buy” but a few youtubers have inspired me to decide to slow down, against my blogger nature. I trust that lots of you will understand how hard that is!
The stress of house hunting and my little girl turning 10 also start getting to me. I am doing all by myself and I am overwhelmed. But I’ll stay on the positive side and wish Squirt and Sparkled Beauty a happy birthday today! Will you all hold my hands? 🙂