Yields 22 Muffins @ 2 Points each. Full nutrition information at bottom of recipe.
2.5 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
3 tsp Becel Olive Oil margarine, melted
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup pom seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line muffin tray with baking cups.
3. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & flax seed.
4. In a separate bowl beat egg and then add melted margarine. Stir in almond milk, vanilla extract, orange juice and zest until mixture is thoroughly combined.
5. Add liquids to the dry, mix well.
6. Fold in pom seeds.
7. Spoon approx ¼ cup of mixture into each baking cup.
8. Bake for approximately 22 minutes. (Or until tooth pick comes out clean!)
9. Remove from tray and place on cooling rack.
10. Enjoy! 🙂