Based on Google news items and Twitter (always a reliable source…), The Amazing Race 18 is going to be an All-Stars version. I’d say I’m not getting my hopes up, but it’s too late. They’re already up.
So this got me thinking – who should be back for a second go? I’ve made my eleven selections based on what I remember from the teams. Keep in mind, I only selected teams who played after the All-Stars version in season eleven. If I had it my way, teams like Charla & Mirna, Rob & Amber, BJ & Tyler and Oswald & Danny would all return.
In chronological order:
- Kynt & Vyxsin: The dating goths placed fifth in season 12, and certainly had memorable appearances.
- Nick & Starr: The brother/sister team won the thirteenth season and would probably be a force to be reckoned with the second time around as well.
- Kisha & Jen: The sisters might have won the fourteenth season if they hadn’t stopped for a bathroom break. I’d like to see them back for a second try.
- Flight Time & Big Easy: How can they not come back???
- Mike & Mel: A father/son team that kept me laughing the whole time. But would Mel be too old by now? (It’s a reason I didn’t select this season’s father/son team to return.)
- Brian & Ericka: I know I’m a little heavy on the fourteenth season, but it was one of my favorites. These two had me laughing all season long.
- Jet & Cord: The cowboys were definitely fan favorites, and I’d be shocked if they didn’t try for a win this time.
- Steve & Allie: I always thought they could have won, and I’d love to see them go head to head with another likable father/daughter team.
- Dan & Jordan: A lot of people didn’t like the season sixteen winners, but I loved that Jordan was a huge fan of the show and a pretty hilarious guy.
- Gary & Mallory: They were one of the more likable teams from this season, and I’d love to see if they could outlast Steve and Allie.
- Brook & Claire: Brook has so much energy, I’m sure she could run two races in one year. If Claire can’t keep up, maybe the Energizer Bunny could.
Of course, this is all just for fun. Is there anyone that you absolutely want to see run the race again? Who would you hate to see back? (I don’t particularly want to see mother and son Margie & Luke back, or obnoxious brother Sam & Dan.)