When Tropicana’s PR rep contacted me about their newest product, Tropicana Essentials with added Calcium & Vitamin D, I read through the press release and then happily agreed to review it for the blog.
Canadians thirsting for a little sunshine to get them through the last leg of a cold, dark winter can look to the Tropicana® brand, which now contains vitamin D, long known as “the sunshine vitamin,” in its new Tropicana Essentials® 100 per cent pure orange juice with added Calcium + Vitamin D.
The Facts About Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D is a key player in bone health. It plays a fundamental role in enhancing calcium and phosphorus absorption and utilization.
- Health Canada’s recommended daily intake (RDI) of Vitamin D for Canadians aged two and older is 200 IU.
- A healthy diet with adequate Calcium, Vitamin D and regular physical activity helps to achieve strong bones and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
One 250ml serving of Tropicana Essentials 100% Pure Orange Juice with added Calcium & Vitamin D contains:
- 100 IU of Vitamin D – 50% of the daily value
- 30% of the daily value for Calcium
- Whole day’s supply of Vitamin C
- 470mg Potassium
- 15% of the daily value for Folate
- 2 servings of fruit
At only 110 calories/cup that is A LOT of nutritional bang for your buck! ;)
DELISH! I love fresh orange juice. There is such a difference between fresh and from concentrate. And, what made the experience even better was that my carton contained No Pulp. I’m personally not a fan of pulp but the product is available with and without.
But don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself. Tropicana is providing vouchers for 5 lucky readers! There are three ways you can enter the giveaway. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.:
- Visit Tropicana.ca and leave me the name of one of their other products.
- Tweet – @lifehealthfit is having @tropicanaoj giveaway. Check it out here - http://bit.ly/b2kCmN
- Link back to this giveaway on your blog.
Remember, In order for your entries to count you must leave a comment saying that you’ve tweeted or linked back on your blog. And, you can only enter the contest once per each method.
The giveaway is open to Canadian residents and closes on Friday, March 19th at 6:00pm Atlantic Standard Time. Winner will be selected using random.org and announced the following Saturday morning.