9:22 am - Thursday, December 14 2017
Home / Archives / News (Archives) / Video: Fire Sends Apartment Dwellers Into The Rain

This content is from our archive. It may be outdated, inaccurate or missing media.

 

storyimg19_122911_fire

Video: Fire Sends Apartment Dwellers Into The Rain

No injuries were reported after a fire at a Fairview apartment complex on Wednesday night.

Tenants say they saw smoke, and heard screams to get out of the building just before 5:30pm.  One unidentified witness says the fire was started by a welding torch in a tenant's apartment.

Metro Transit buses were called in as temporary shelter for residents while firefighters examined the building for damage.  From Halifax Police:

On Dec 28th 530 pm, officers were called to assist the HFx. Regional Fire Service in relation to a fire at 15 Mandaville Crt Halifax. It appears that the fire was accidentally started by one of the tenants. Approximately 20 tenants were evacuated from the building and placed in an available Metro Transit bus until the fire was extinguished. The Canadian Red Cross assisted in placements for tenants having to relocate temporarily as a result of the fire. There were no injuries reported.

Raw Video (2 Clips):

About Haligonia.ca

See news happening near you? Tell us. Click here to email our team.

 

The views and opinions expressed in this content are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of haligonia.ca.

You might also like...

1489974990432

PSA – Recreation programs may be delayed/cancelled on Monday morning due to inclement weather

The Halifax Regional Municipality is advis­ing residents that the majority of munic­ipally-operated recr­eation facilities, including...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *