1. Head to the waterfront this weekend for Open Ship where you’ll get to tour a German research ship before it’s next expedition. Come see first-hand how ocean research is done, see inside the boat and meet the scientists and crew.
2. You’re invited to a free screening of the movie Maya the Bee on Saturday. It’s part of the Family Favourites movies at Cineplex and is a great event for the whole family to enjoy.
3. Fisherman’s Cove is the place to be this weekend for the Tallahassee Days celebration that includes a pirate festival with a treasure hunt, mermaids, face-painting, music, games and the beautiful ‘Sea of Lights’ boat Parade, that’s not to be missed!
4. Fun and Games, Arts and Crafts, Face Painting and Snacks for the whole family. Come join us in the parking lot of the Lakeside Community Centre on Saturday for a Family Fun Festival in support of Adsum Centre.
5. Have you been to a Sunday afternoon concert in Public Gardens yet? If not, this weekend would be a great time to check it out as the Maritime Brass Quintet is performing. It’s a great free event for the whole family.