1. Winter is fun at Ross Farm Museum, this weekend join them for a sleigh/wagon ride, enjoy a delicious cup of hot chocolate made over an open fire and visit the farm workshop and sample some homemade ice cream! Bring your toboggan; we have a fabulous coasting hill. They also have snow shoes available for you to borrow, or you can bring your own skis and snowshoes!
2. New discoveries and technologies reveal how dinosaurs lived, moved and behaved. This exciting new exhibition at the Museum of Natural History showcases the world of modern paleontology, introducing a dynamic vision of dinosaurs and the scientists who study them. Find out how advanced technologies allow scientists to look at fossils in fresh ways. Examine realistic models and casts, and see dinosaurs walk, run and move their long necks in fantastic computer simulations!
3. Sunday is World Snow Day and Ski Wentworth is celebrating! There will be kids games, a chance to ski with the Ski Patrol hot chocolate and more. It’s a perfect reason to get the family out for some snow fun!
4. Have you ever wanted to try snowshoeing? Well, the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park has snowshoes for you to borrow! This will be offered periodically on weekends starting in January to encourage people of all ages to try this easy and free recreational activity!
5. The Young Naturalists Club of Halifax is a fun and free nature club for kids age 7-12. Their first monthly meeting of the year is on Saturday and the theme is all about astronomy and the many puzzles and mysteries of our solar system so come check it out. The Solar System is full of mysteries. With each space probe we sent out, we get answers to many questions that we had, but at the same time we generate many, many more. We will look at what the New Horizon and Dawn space crafts have told us about dwarf planets, and what questions the probes’ discoveries have led us to!