1. Join an elder from the Mi’kmaw Native Friendship Centre and learn about the tradition of the Talking Stick. Listen to the Teachings of the Seven Grandfathers and how the Talking Stick can help foster listening, respect, patience and honesty. Design and decorate your very own Talking Stick to take home and share with your family!
2. Come celebrate Chinese New Year, also known as Spring Festival this weekend! Visitors of all ages will be able to put their talents at work during their visit through various workshops like calligraphy, paper cutting, tea ceremonies and tai chi by the sea to prepare for the grandest and most important annual event in the Chinese Culture!
3. Plan your next great adventure at the Halifax RV Show! Come check it out and learn more about the RV options to suit just about every budget and family size!
4. The first annual Fat Bike Festival in Mahone Bay is all about celebrating the fun of fat bikes and winter experiences! Bring your own fat bike or come try out a demo from the Specialized Demo Fleet. Men’s, Women’s and kids models will be on site. Join in the group ride, try out the skills park obstacles, guided demo rides and a fun fat bike race. Hot treats and beverages will be available inside to warm up.
5. Head to Ross Farm for a demonstration on wooden tobogganing making! Bring your own sled and try out the great hills at the farm!
You might also like...
We’ve got a spring symphony, babies, music and babies (we’ve got a special on babies!), and an outdoor adventures for tots. Really, this...