1. The Valentine’s for Veterans event is being held at various public libraries on Saturday. Come help make some valentines that will be delivered to a Canadian Veteran this Valentine’s Day.
2. The wait is over! Saturday is the grand opening of Halifax’s newest and biggest indoor play space Hop! Skip! Jump! and if you have kids under 12 this is one party you don’t want to miss. We snagged a tour last week and were so impressed! Come check out the three level structure that includes a ball blaster, spider climbing tower, wave slides and so much more.
3. Child’s Play Theatre presents The Goose Girl this weekend. It’s based on the classic fairy tale about a maid and princess switheroo that will be a great show for the whole family.
4. Calling all comic book fans – it’s Hal-Con weekend! The largest event of its kind in Atlantic Canada, featuring great sci-fi and comic book personalities, giant board games and a take over at Grand Parade. It’s an awesome experience that’s not to be missed!
5. Head to the North Woodside Community Centre on Saturday for the Kris Kringle Craft Show and Breakfast. With over 50 craft tables and a pancake breakfast there will be something for everyone.